11 February, 2010

Sick :(

Was sick for the first time today.  Last week, Guido was throwing up all day.  Today, it was my turn.  Found out that Alessandra (my host parents daughter) was also sick today!  She has been over for dinner every night this week, so I'm sure we shared the germs together.  Patrizia even went to the doctor to ask about anything I could take, and they told her there is a virus that has been going around the last few weeks.  She gave me little tablets of who knows what, but told me they were natural and to just chew them up. I threw it up later... but it was still the thought that counts :)

Last week, the highlight was probably the Uffizi.  I went there with Jeremy who had been there once before already.  The ceilings were so intricately painted I was amazed.  For those who don't know, the Uffizi is considered one of the best art museums in the world. I wish I had a better appreciation for art so that I could understand what I was looking at.

We also had the octopus last week.  Patrizia's cousin from Argentina is visiting this week with his son.  They're staying with us, and so Alessandra and Alessandro (Alessandra's boyfriend) have come to dinner every night. Octopus was the big night, and I told them I had never eaten it before.  Guido is an awesome cook, and I really liked it. He had it mixed with vegetables in a soup-like mixture.  Before dinner, we had different meats that they had bought in Siena. I tried all of them! I don't know what any of them were haha.

Tomorrow I have an Italian quiz and then there is a possibility I will be going to Cinque Terre for the weekend.  Cinque Terre is 5 islands connected together by beautiful paths and also by train I believe? I'm not sure, but i'll soon learn!

Only a little over 2 weeks until Mom, Dad, Kimby, and David come to see me !!!  I really can't wait for that.. I'm starting to get a little homesick, especially after being sick today and missing my mommy :(

Oh, I'm considering going to Sardenia for a long weekend in April!  I found a pretty cheap flight (50 euro) on RyanAir, so I may book that tomorrow morning or this weekend.

Buona notte!

No comments:

Post a Comment