16 February, 2010

Cinque Terre

Went to Cinque Terre this past weekend.  It was absolutely gorgeous on Friday when we arrived, but then rained on Saturday. :(  Sunday was also wonderful.

Cinque is 5 in Italian, and Terre is lands. So, Cinque Terre is actually 5 cities connected by tunnels and pathways.  I stayed in Riomaggiore.  It costs money to walk on all the pathways however, and with the rain some of them were closed Saturday. I didn't mind a bit, because it was nice to relax a little from all the walking I've done the last month.  As of today, I've been here exactly one month and one day.  Time really has flown!!

Not this Saturday, but the following Saturday Mom, Dad, Kimby, and David arrive.  I booked the hotel for them yesterday.  We're planning on doing day trips from Florence, Rome and Pompeii for a few days, and then back to Florence.  It'll be a really fun time and I'm enjoying planning it for them!

I'm working on my plans for the rest of the semester.  I'd like to get to Greece, Vienna, Malta, and Croatia.  We'll see if I actually get to all of those places, but I think I have enough time.  They are proving to be a bit more pricey than I originally thought, however, so the sooner I book, the better.

Here are some pictures from Cinque Terre:

Cinque Terre


Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment